Monday 14 March 2016

The Body Building All-In-One Meal (aka. The 'Zac Efron' Diet)

So...my husband has decided that his body goal now is to look like Zac Efron in his latest Baywatch photos!!! :) :) ...yep...don't see me complaining there!! :) :) My husband is generally very fit, but after the boys were born didn't get much time to work out. Now that they are a little older, he's hitting the gym again and he asked me to prepare a high protein diet with lots and lots of vegetables to get his body building body back!


Zac Efron ... yes please! 
(picture taken from Google images)

On Twitter, Zac Efron wrote that his diet consisted of:

“9 days of absolutely zero carbs & sugar. Only organic grass fed/free range protein and organic leafy greens.”

I wanted to make up easy to heat up containers to keep in the freezer so my husband can just take it out and quickly heat up (as he tells me that body builders are supposed to eat many meals a day to keep their metabolism up!). So, the leafy greens are out as that would need to be prepared freshly each meal (and I'm not always around to be his personal chef!), plus I wanted to use up all the vegetables I had in the fridge (cauliflower, brussel sprouts, corn and carrots). Also, I would have liked to use all chicken breast (I'll use them in my next lot!), but I wanted to use up the chicken I had in the freezer, so used some drumsticks and chicken thigh fillets. I added flavour to the chicken and vegetables by steaming them along with soy sauce and garlic.


The Body Building All-In-One Meal (aka. The 'Zac Efron' Diet)


THE BODY BUILDING ALL-IN-ONE MEAL 
(AKA. The 'Zac Efron' Diet)

8 servings

Ingredients:

1200 grams Water
50 grams Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
300 grams Chicken Breast (or any other pieces of chicken you have...the breast is the leanest part though)
Mixed Vegetables (i.e. Corn, Carrot, Brussel Sprouts, Beans, Brocolli - cut into smaller bite sized pieces)

Method:

1. Add the water, soy sauce and garlic in the bowl.
2. Place the chicken pieces in the 2 levels of the Varoma steaming tray.
3. Cook 15 minutes/Varoma/Speed 4.
4. Add the mixed vegetables in the steaming basket, and among the chicken in the Varoma steaming trays.
5. Cook a further 20 minutes/Varoma/Speed 4.
6. Distribute evenly between 8 plastic containers, and let it cool down.
7. Cover the containers with lids and place in the fridge/freezer.


Add water, soy sauce and garlic


Place chicken pieces in the 2 levels in the Varoma steaming trays
Cook 15 minutes/Varoma/Speed 4


Place mixed vegetables in the steaming basket and among the chicken pieces
Cook 20 minutes/Varoma/Speed 4


Distribute between 8 plastic containers


Cover the containers with lids and place in fridge/freezer


No comments:

Post a Comment