Sunday 6 December 2015

Vanilla Fudge with Toasted Almonds

My work colleagues inform me that this is the best fudge that I have made so far!
 
 
Delectable Vanilla Fudge
 
 
 I made the fudge as per recipe. Whilst it was cooking, I dry roasted 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds in a frying pan on medium heat. Stir around the almonds until browned and you can smell the smokiness of them:
 
 
Once the fudge has finished cooking, after you add in the chocolate in the final step, add 1 cup of dry roasted almonds:
 
 
Mix 20 seconds/Speed 3/Reverse:
 
 
Pour and spread out into a square silicon baking pan and sprinkle/press in with a spatula the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds:
 
 
This is a fantastic base fudge recipe with or without additions. I have made this vanilla fudge with almonds twice in 2 days, and also made a chocolate mint slice fudge by using dark chocolate instead of white chocolate, and adding 10 mint slice biscuits (broken up by hand into quarters) mix 20 seconds/Speed 3.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment