Tuesday 17 November 2015

Jelly Slice

This is the first time I've ever tasted or tried making this before! I made it in the afternoon before having it for dessert last night, however I think it needed more setting as the jelly slid off the top if I placed it on a part of the plate which was at a bit of an angle (serve it on a super flat plate, especially on a hot summers day!) The recipe says to set it for 6 - 8 hours, I only set it for about 2 hours, so next time I will have to be organised, make this earlier to let it set longer!
 
 
Jelly Slice
 
TRTLMT Jelly Slice Recipe:
 
 
It's really simple to make, and very refreshing for a summer dessert!
 
 
Make jelly as per packet instructions then place in fridge to cool. I used Raspberry flavoured Aeroplane Jelly
 
 
Add sweet biscuits and butter to make the base
 
 
I used Aldi Arrowroot biscuits (99c!)
 
 
Spread into a square baking pan
 
 
I use a metal spoon to smooth it out - it gives a super smooth finish!
 
 
Mix gelatine with boiling water
 
 
Mix with condensed milk and lemon juice (I omitted the lemon rind as I didn't feel like it being too lemony!) Leave to set in fridge for about an hour.
 
 
Pour cooled jelly mixture on the top and leave in fridge to set for a few hours.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment