Tuesday 17 November 2015

Cheat's Gingerbread House

I made this a few years ago, and it is sooooooooooooo easy!
 
 
Gingerbread House
 
I used Ikea's $4.50 Gingerbread House Kit: http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/90218783/
 
And decorated with homemade Royal Icing using this recipe:
 
I first spread royal icing on the base of a tray to form a 'snow' looking ground. I then used a piping bag and a small round piping nozzle to assemble the gingerbread house and pipe the patterns.
 
Whilst the icing was still wet, I decorated with silver cachous and Fruit Fizzers (you can get these at Coles/Woolies and they look like this https://www.google.com.au/search?q=fruit+fizzers&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIhI689PyVyQIVYTSmCh2kOQD2&dpr=1
 
I also used Tiny Teddies at the front of the house, and green holly leaf sprinkles (you can find them around this time of year) to assemble a little tree.
 
This is soo easy and is so much fun to smash when it comes to dessert time! This is also great for an edible table centrepiece or as a homemade gift!
 
My kids are too young to help out making one, but if you have older kids, this is a great Christmas activity!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment