Sunday 20 September 2015

Sao Crackers

I try and make all the boys food from scratch, however the main thing that I buy for them is savoury crackers. They eat crackers for snacks, or to supplement their main meals with cheese and are great especially when they are teething, so I thought I would try to make them instead!
 
 
 
Sao Crackers Recipe:
 
 
The dough is really simple to make and only consists of 4 x ingredients - plain flour, salt, butter and water.
 
 
Dough onto a floured baking paper on tray
 
 
Roll dough out
 
 
Cut into squares with pizza cutter
 
 
Poke with fork tips
 
 
I baked on 1 side for 10 minutes then turned over
 
 
 Baked the other side for 8 minutes
 
 
Delicious!
 
I was a bit sceptical about recreating these crackers, but they have a very similar texture to the storebought Sao crackers and the crackers have a floury, firm but flakey texture and tastes amazing with butter and vegemite!
It only makes a tray of it, and is very very easy to eat, so next time I make it I'll be doubling the recipe! Plus, the boys love it!!
 
 
 Enjoying their Sao Crackers!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment